We plant a tree for every order £10 and over
Check out the festive Seedball tins - Bee Merry, Wonderland and Snow Mix!
- Easy to use - no digging or expert knowledge required!
20 balls per tin
- Peat-free compost
- A mix of native wildflowers which will encourage native wildlife!
- Made in the UK
- Earn 12 Pear Points with this product through our reward scheme 🍐
If you have any questions or queries about this product, please get in touch via email or our social channels. Contact us
Made by Seedball
What is a Seedball?
A ball made from seeds, clay, peat-free compost and chili powder.
Seeds - a mix of seeds for bee-friendly flowers
Clay - holds the ball together and provides protection from birds and insects
Peat-free compost - provides the nutrition
Chili powder - deters slugs and snails from eating the young shoots
How it works
As the seeds are encased in a ball with clay, peat-free compost and chili powder, they're essentially already 'planted'.
Once they are scattered on top of compost or soil (avoid scattering on grass), with water and sunlight, the seeds will start to germinate.
This process can take 4-6 weeks.
As the plants begin to establish, the ball will break down and become less visible.
A beautiful wildflower garden will follow!
Bee Merry - Take a look at our Bee Mix Tin to see which flowers are included with these seedballs.
Wonderland - This is the Shade Mix Tin. Head over to that product page for more info.
Snow Mix - A mix of native white wildflowers. Check out the Cloud Meadow Tin page to see which flowers are included.
How to use Seedballs
This tin contains 20 seedballs which is enough to cover 1 metre square in a garden bed or 3-5 medium sized pots.
1. Simply throw the balls onto soil or compost in your garden bed or planter.
2. Leave at least 10cm between each ball.
3. It's as simple as that! You seedball has everything it needs to grow and germinate once the ball becomes moist and the temperature is right!
When to scatter
Scatter your seedballs in Spring or Autumn.