Herb Mix Tin
Herb Mix Tin
Description - Herb Mix Tin
- Easy to use - no digging or expert knowledge required!
20 balls per tin - approx 10 seeds per ball!
- Peat-free compost
A collection of delicious cooking herbs!
- Made in the UK
- Earn 12 Pear Points with this product through our reward scheme 🍐
Made by Seedball
What is a Seedball?
A ball made from seeds, clay, peat-free compost and chili powder.
Seeds - a mix of seeds for making your own tea!
Clay - holds the ball together and provides protection from birds and insects
Peat-free compost - provides the nutrition
Chili powder - deters slugs and snails from eating the young shoots
How it works
As the seeds are encased in a ball with clay, peat-free compost and chili powder, they're essentially already 'planted'.
Once they are scattered on top of compost or soil (avoid scattering on grass), with water and sunlight, the seeds will start to germinate.
This process can take 4-6 weeks.
As the plants begin to establish, the ball will break down and become less visible.
For this herb mix, the balls can be planted either on a sunny windowsill or in a garden bed or pot.
This tin of seedballs can grow the herbs:
Basil, Dill, Parsley, Chives and Sweet Marjoram
If you leave some of your Chive and Sweet Marjoram to flower, the bees will love it!
How to use Seedballs
This tin contains 20 seedballs which is enough to cover 1 metre square in a garden bed or 3-5 medium sized pots.
1. Simply throw the balls onto soil or compost in your garden bed or planter. These kitchen herbs can be grown in a sunny spot on a kitchen window sill! Be sure to keep them well watered though.
2. Leave at least 10cm between each ball.
3. It's as simple as that! You seedball has everything it needs to grow and germinate once the ball becomes moist and the temperature is right!
When to scatter
Anytime from early Spring to late Autumn.
You can grow them outside or in a sunny spot on a window sill. Just remember to keep them well watered!