We plant one tree for every order received!
- Easy to use - no digging or expert knowledge required!
20 balls per tin - approx 30 seeds per ball
- Peat-free compost
- Designed for areas that receive small amounts of sunshine, or sun for just one part of the day
- Native wildflowers that encourage native wildlife
- Made in the UK
- Earn 12 Pear Points with this product through our reward scheme 🍐
If you have any questions or queries about this product, please get in touch via email or our social channels. Contact us
Made by Seedball
What is a Seedball?
A ball made from seeds, clay, peat-free compost and chili powder.
Seeds - a mix of seeds for native wildflowers
Clay - holds the ball together and provides protection from birds and insects
Peat-free compost - provides the nutrition
Chili powder - deters slugs and snails from eating the young shoots
How it works
As the seeds are encased in a ball with clay, peat-free compost and chili powder, they're essentially already 'planted'.
Once they are scattered on top of compost or soil (avoid scattering on grass), with water and sunlight, the seeds will start to germinate.
This process can take 4-6 weeks.
As the plants begin to establish, the ball will break down and become less visible.
A beautiful wildflower garden will follow!
This seedball tin contains a mix of British native wildflowers that are ideal for the shadier areas in gardens and on balconies.
As with all flowers, they will still struggle in total shade!
The flowers included are:
Bellflower, Forget-me-not, Meadow Buttercup, Meadowsweet, Oxeye Daisy, Ragged Robin and Red Campion.
How to use Seedballs
This tin contains 20 seedballs which is enough to cover 1 metre square in a garden bed or 3-5 medium sized pots.
1. Simply throw the balls onto soil or compost in your garden bed or planter.
2. Leave at least 10cm between each ball.
3. It's as simple as that! You seedball has everything it needs to grow and germinate once the ball becomes moist and the temperature is right!
When to scatter
Scatter your seedballs in Spring or Autumn.