Description - Plastic-Free Wirobound Lined Notebook
Enjoy writing again with these sustainable notebooks. Made with upcycled coffee cups, the paper is perfect for fountain pens and is loved by artists.
CupCycling™ uses takeaway coffee cups that are otherwise bound for landfill, separates the plastic lining and paper and creates luxurious paper products with the remains.
95% of the cup waste goes into the paper and the remaining 5% is used for energy in paper production. These notebooks are completely plastic-free and 100% recyclable.
The steel wire isn't coated with nylon or plastic so is also recyclable after use. If you're not sure how to do so - they have a handy guide here.
The Café Collection notebook cover is 250gsm and made with 95% PCW (post-consumer waste) Recycled content and 5% coffee waste.
The Beer Collection is 250gsm and made with 50-70% fibre from spent brewer's grain, and 30-50% virgin fibre.
The paper in both notebooks is 106gsm and made with a variable mix of upcycled coffee cups, PIW (post-industrial waste) from coffee cup manufacture, and virgin fibres.
Theses notebooks have 160 pages and are lay-flat making them comfortable for writing.
Why we love these notebooks:
- Sustainably made from recycled coffee cups and repurposed waste
- Plastic-free stationery
- Made in Dorset, UK by a family-run company
- Carbon neutral products working with The World Land Trust
- Suitable for fountain pens and artists
- A5 in size
We were so impressed when we discovered Coffeenotes. They're a small, family-run company in Dorset that make everything in-house at their carbon-neutral factory.
Some of the steps they take that are sustainability-driven include:
- Using as little ink as possible in production
- Designing their notebooks to be glue-free
- Only using pulp-coloured papers to reduce the use of dye
- No coating on wires to ensure 100% recyclability
If you want to read more about them and their efforts, you can here.
Coffeenotes' products are produced as sustainably as possible, with minimum use of ink and glue, and no plastic wrapping or laminates.
They use premium quality papers and boards for their covers, but these will mark and scuff with use. We see this as part of their charm but to minimise marking, extra care should be taken when packing products in a bag etc.
Many of the products are hand finished and as such there will be slight variations.